If you are looking for answers and almost tearing you hair out with concern over children’s difficulties with learning and/or behaviour, then my book ‘THE SOLUTION IS IN YOUR HANDS FOR CHILDREN’S LEARNING AND BEHAVIOUR DIFFICULTIES’ is your answer. It is the first of my books and is based on 20 years of experience from my work within my clinic. It will support you with:
- Crucial knowledge as to what is happening for individual children
- What to look for as indicators and typical present day observable behaviours
- Behaviours that you may be aware of but have not considered important
- How to test and verify the existence of the child’s weaknesses
- Classroom and home strategies that will support children’s development
- Specific simple therapy for the appropriate people to carry out
- Easy, fun exercises that will support children’s development and overcome their weaknesses
- Case studies to reinforce your understanding and the effectiveness of what I am presenting
- Scientific research that validates the theories and strategies
- An extensive bibliography
All of the information is communicated in simple language for the lay person and is reinforced with graphics, audio CD’s, workshops, visual coaching videos and other support, as listed on my resources web pages.
The information within this book will be of interest to all who are working with children. It is a comprehensive ‘go-to-manual’ that provides greater understanding on what really matters, together with credible research outcomes. It is a must for all professionals who work with children and for parents and grandparents, particularly those who favour their left brain or have the need for simple but in-depth information.
Click here to Read More
Although large, (what can we expect when we are endeavouring to change children’s experiences, – surely they are worth this investment of time and money), it is an easy read, involving a large font, and a two column layout that does not have to be read from cover to cover but instead dipped into when the need arises. However, please, may I advise you to read the chapter ‘How to Use this Book’ as you will find it very helpful in gaining the most from what the book has to offer you.
There is a mind map at the beginning of each chapter which succinctly covers the contents of the chapter. At times this will be all that is needed to satisfy the reader’s understanding and needs for the chapter. The mind maps also acts as a reminder, without having to read the whole chapter again. Audio CD’S will Soon be available that can take the place of much of the reading however there will also be a need for the book as well, due to the diagrams, graphics and photos that relating to the therapy and exercise program. Click here to be notified when the CD’s are available.
- Level One covers knowledge about the essentials for children’s learning and development.
- Level Two will involves you in background knowledge about the theory and implementation of the strategies and the therapy.
- Level Three deals with the actual difficulties or lack of development and what to do about them.
- This level contains the background knowledge of the problem, or development stage;
- The method of testing the child for this difficulty;
- The typical behaviours and difficulties that arise from each;
- The classroom and home strategies that will support the child;
- The therapy component which involves simple acupressure and neuro holding points that parents, trained aides, therapist or the child can hold for themselves;
- A list of exercises and strategies that will also support overcoming the problem;
- The Learning Enhancement Exercise Program (LEEP) encompasses the instructions for all the exercises and strategies as suggested in Level Three.
- The manual also includes valuable appendices for record keeping and questionnaires for parents, and schools to gain more information regarding children’s symptoms or difficulties, evaluation methods to ascertain children’s progress and relevant contact information.
- An extensive glossary and bibliography.
Future books that are soon to be published
It is important to understand that each of the books that are soon to be released, are written as specific handbooks to compliment the above in-depth manual. The purpose of these handbooks are to meet the individual day-to-day needs of specific readers, i.e. parents and grandparents, compared to the handbook that is required for classroom teachers, or those in the role of teacher aides, or the handbook that has been written for professionals such as kinesiologists and other therapists, or maternal health nurses and medical practitioners.
Please click here to gain notification when these copies are available.
My second major book and associate coaching material will continue supporting you in advancing the child’s development from where the above manual leaves off. It will be covering the importance of brain integration, and many strategies that support higher levels of learning involving the brain’s neo-cortex as well as the child’s emotional and self-sabotage issues. It is planned to have this material and courses published by mid 2018.
Please click here to gain notification of its publication
Work in Progress:
C.D. Audio Book Reading
The production of audio C.D.’s of the book will soon be released to enable you to listen to the theory content of the book while you work and drive throughout the day. These will be a valuable time safer for busy people or for those who are more inclined to be more dominant in the auditory learning system rather than the visual learning system.
Please click here to gain notification when these C.D.’s are available
Video Step by Step Instructions
For those who are visual learners the video coaching instructions for the therapy and exercise components will be of interest to you. They will be released within a few months.
Please click here to gain notification when the videos are available
Book Purchase Available at the following online retailers: