|Your audience has heard about the labels that have been given to kids with learning and behaviour difficulties but those labels do not inform parents or teachers as to how to overcome them – my message is that there is an answer to why kids have difficulties, as well as how to overcome them. It all starts either before, during or in the early years after birth, due to trauma and stresses that cause development delays – There are answers and solutions – not just labels with no solutions,
I am Heather Dorothy Pollock …………….. I have solutions for your audience!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 011 61 3 54 054 221
Masters Degree in Education, Author, Educational Consultant, Educational Kinesiology Therapist, Professional Development Trainer, Public Speaker.
My experience with the media:
WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER YOU
as a Radio or TV Presenter or a Reporter:
My heart and passion is clearly in my work and my recently published book. ‘THE SOLUTION IS IN YOUR HANDS FOR CHILDREN’S LEARNING AND BEHAVIOUR DIFFICULTIES.’ Children are my passion and with your assistance I am committed to do everything I possibly can to promote the information my book holds. This is to ensure a positive future for our society – more so than for the book itself and its sales.
Community interest in Learning Disabilities (LD) is constantly growing, considering the number of people who are affected by LD, their immediate family and relations, the employers and employees, those who work with those with LD. within the medical, welfare, education, justice and sporting professions, etc., is exponential, considering that:
· Globally, some 180 million young people between the ages of 10-24 live with a physical, sensory, intellectual or mental health disability significant enough to make a difference in their daily lives.1.United Nations. Department of International Economic and Social Affairs, Statistical Office. Disability
· Within USA Learning Disabilities (LD) is the largest category of students receiving special education services. There are 2.4 million American public school students (approximately 5 percent of the total public school enrolment) identified with learning disabilities under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This does not take into account those who have not been identified and have fell through the cracks of the education system.
· Statistics around the world are similar based on size of population as that of USA
· There is a need for information and support – Despite the above reality that millions of individuals face the challenges of learning disabilities every day, there remains widespread confusion and misinformation about the nature and impact of LD. Lack of accurate information about LD increases the risk of stigmatization as well as the possibility of lowered expectations and missed opportunities in school, the workplace and the community.
If you provide me with an opportunity to inform and entertain your audience, I give my assurance that you and your audience will not be disappointed.
Just a few ‘hooks’:
Click here to Read More
I am aware of my positive influence on people and that the information in this book, more than any other, needs to be delivered with the author’s passion and personality in order to touch the people and have them get behind its philosophy in supporting children!
I can do this by:
There is a need for the public to be informed of the information in
‘The Solution Is In Your Hands’ – For Children’s Learning and Behaviour Difficulties,
not for my sake or any publisher’s sake but for our children’s sake!
- I am an experienced speaker, having had appearances on radio, stage, at community meetings, and national conferences, therefore I am willing, for the promotion of this information, to do live and recorded publicity events to benefit our children. I will be developing opportunities to do just that by speaking at community gatherings both near and far, as I travel the country. I will also keep up my promotion of the information through my web-site, twitter, Face Book and on other’s websites, as well as providing back-up service and support with information days, workshops, newsletters and on-line assistance to parents.
- My first step is to set up a number of programs within my community (in schools both public and private as well as in the community itself – as I have done in the past,) where I will take teachers, volunteers and parents with their children, through the steps of this book while keeping well documented evidence of the children’s progress. The results will then be beamed around the world, through the education system, on T.V., radio and in newspapers.
- My goal is to encourage retired people, including grandparents to become as volunteers, involved in the project of supporting a child, just as I successfully did with 68 people in Literacy Programs within two secondary schools. I believe there is an opportunity to encourage people in service clubs to become involved in this program.
- I have a vision of people gathering together in halls and schools in low socio economic areas, to learn together from this book and my forthcoming DVD, in order to support children. The social media will be a gift to me for the purpose of supporting these people whether they are in Australia or across the world.
|· Behaviour: frustration, anger, anxiety, or fear?
· Being aggressive, manipulative?
· Being impulsive, unco-operative?
· Speech and communication, not telling the truth?
· Holding eye contact when speaking and listening?
· Being cuddly on parental terms?
· Changes to routine or any other changes?
· Bed-wetting or soiling?
· Sleeping alone, going to sleep or staying asleep?
· Restlessness, nightmares, night sweats?
- Does you or a child in your life have difficulties with …(any one of these can be a topic for your show):
- Reading, hand writing, spelling or mathematics?
- Writing imaginatively or descriptively?
- Autistic, ADD or Dyslexic symptoms?
- Confidence, low self-esteem, shyness?
- Short-term memory retention?
- Concentration and following instructions?
- Restlessness or hyperactivity, remaining seated?
- Time management and self-organisation?
- Fine or gross motor skills, clumsiness?
- Eye, hand or overall coordination?
- Tying shoe laces?
- Using cutlery – uses hands – a messy eater?
- Having to suck thumb, clothes or other objects?
Heather Pollock, (Educational Consultant, therapist and author of a book on learning and behaviour difficulties has solutions for you.